Government Health Informatics Data Analyst Intern - PHX, ATL, MSP - College Program 2022
- Do you want your internship to be with a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered “Yes” to those two questions – read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercer – we believe in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
THE POSITION: GOVERNMENT HEALTH INFORMATICS DATA ANALYST INTERN
Mercer’s Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in assisting government-sponsored health care programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services and with navigating the evolving landscape of public health care from a regulatory, operational and implementation perspective.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of over 350 highly skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
GHSC INFORMATICS DATA ANALYST REQUIREMENTS
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in computer information sciences, economics, finance, actuarial science, management information systems, statistics, public policy, public health or other related analytical field
- Status as a currently enrolled student; candidates should have an expected graduation date in the Fall of 2022 or Spring of 2023
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0 / 4.0)
- Knowledge of SAS or SQL is a plus
- Legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Utilize SAS program to interpret and analyze large health care data sets
- Complete comprehensive analysis of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software
- Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic consulting environment with colleagues across all organizational levels
WHAT’S IT IN FOR YOU?
- Build knowledge of health care delivery systems specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Grow your career by partnering with a supervisor that has similar clients, projects and/or career objectives
- Have opportunities to participate in Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism initiative
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We offer several Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that employees can participate in (MMC Pride, Rising Professionals, Racial,
Ethnic & Multicultural Diversity) Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer. For a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.