Digital Aspire Rotational Program (Data Analytics & Computer Science)
Imagine yourself working for a company where innovation, teamwork, and customer service comprise the core of that organization—a place where talented people from over 60 countries work together to set standards of excellence in the maritime world. Sound exciting? Then ABS is the right place for you!
ABS currently has openings for its full-time Digital Aspire Rotational Program, which launches each year in July (2022). The Digital Aspire Rotational Program offers recent university graduates the opportunity to accelerate their career growth through a structured framework that combines challenging work rotations with technical and professional training for a period of 14 months. The goal of the digital rotational program is to develop our next generation of ABS digital professionals in an accelerated, structured rotational program.
The rotational program provides both on-the-job experience and classroom development.
How does the rotational program work?
The rotational program provides valuable opportunities to become immersed in at least four of our data/digital business functions, which may include:
- Digital Engineering (required)
- Digital Solutions (required)
- Information Management Systems
- Business Development
The combination of cross-functional work assignments and action learning projects help to develop the skills and capabilities needed to build your career path toward leadership in the digital world. Program participants will receive feedback during the program in the form of evaluations at the completion of each rotation. Rotations will be in the United States.
- Combines on-the-job experience with business, leadership and personal development training
- Requires your accountability and delivery of actual business results
- Opportunity to expand technical capabilities, leadership skills, and business knowledge that provides a strong foundation for you to leverage and drive your career growth
- Exposure to a broad range of experiences and subject matter experts
The rotational program is highly selective, and space is limited. To be considered, at a minimum, candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or relevant field
- Strong interest in exploring career path as a data scientist, a developer, a business systems analyst, or similar role.
- Prior internship experience in digital product management, data science, or web development strongly preferred
- Prior experience with Python, Microsoft C# development, or Visio/Agile, project management strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- A self-starter mentality committed to learning new things and taking ownership
- Ability to interface with customers, which requires strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Academic achievement as demonstrated by an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to multi-task without faltering on attention to detail and data accuracy
- Ability and willingness to relocate to Houston, TX.