IT Summer College Intern - Innovation Analyst
Position Specific Description
The Intern Innovation Analyst is responsible for evaluating new technology solutions, building disruptive business plans, and executing proof of concept projects. This person will communicate compelling arguments for technology to senior leaders, product managers, architects, and others to ensure NextEra is fully informed of changes being driven by emerging technologies. The Intern Innovation Analyst partners with leaders, our internal team, and key stakeholders to conduct strategic discovery and opportunity analysis in support of identifying and implementing key business technology initiatives.
Required Qualifications: High School Graduate/ Working toward bachelor's degree in: Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, Engineering, or Business
Preferred Qualifications: Analytical Problem Solving, Good Listening Skills, Team Player, Effective Written Communications, Effective Verbal Communications, Analysis, Strategic Planning, Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint), and a passion for new and developing technologies.
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher