Are you interested in a career that truly makes an impact? Do you want your job to help make nature and communities better with each project you touch?
At RES, we believe that human progress and the restoration of nature’s resources can go hand in hand. Our belief made us what we are today - the nation’s leading ecological restoration company, with over 300 stream miles restored and conserved, 20,000,000 trees planted, and 15,000 acres of special-status species habitat established. We restore our land and waters with integrity and innovation, one community at a time.
Do you want to be part of a team whose talent and dedication are unmatched in the industry? RES is hiring a GIS Analyst to execute GIS projects related to ecological restoration, water resource solutions, and other projects within an ESRI enterprise system.
The desired candidate’s primary responsibilities include:
- Consulting with Team Leads and Project Managers to create work products
- Following SOP’s for GIS workflows to create standard output
- Creating, updating, managing, and sharing GIS data in web and desktop environments
- Using and configureing ESRI products, GPS units, various smart devices, and UAVs for field data collection, management, analysis, and visualization
- Synthesizing scientific and non-scientific data, including CAD data, into maps and visuals for various reports, permit applications, land negotiations, meetings, and presentations
- Performing basic site suitability and project impact analysis
- Performing large scale site searches to identify potential sites for various ecological offsets
- Configuring intuitive web-based solutions for use by non-GIS experts
- 1+ year experience working with GIS, ESRI’s suite of products, remote sensing or Bachelor's Degree in Geography, GIS, the Environmental Sciences or related field
- Familiarity with and basic knowledge of relevant environmental regulations and permits/approvals (e.g. CWA 404/401, NWP/IP, NPDES, ESA)
- Programming knowledge
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.