Applied Scientist Intern Summer 2022 (Boston)
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Advanced Robotics team at Amazon Robotics is seeking passionate, hands-on applied scientist interns to work on cutting edge algorithms to power automation in Amazon’s order fulfillment network. Our multi-disciplinary team includes scientists with backgrounds in AI planning and scheduling, machine learning, operations research, heuristic search, mechatronics, and robotic grasping and controls. You will have the chance to solve complex research problems and see your solutions come to life in Amazon’s warehouses!
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 or more consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2022.
- PhD in a relevant field
- Relevant academic research or industry experience in developing algorithms or building models
- Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art approaches for at least one of machine learning, robotic grasping, or learning from demonstration
- Ability to code algorithm prototypes independently and refine in simulation
- Working knowledge of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity
- Scientific mindset and the ability to invent
- Track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced their field
- Drive to see projects through from research concept to working production software
- Excellent creative problem solving skills
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++, and Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive the technical direction of cross-functional teams
- Fluency in a statistical software package such as R, Stata, and Matlab
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.