Accountant - Reimbursement Analyst
The Accountant - Reimbursement Analyst prepares or reviews third-party financial accounting, contractual allowances, cost reports and surveys, and other projects as assigned. After training, routine tasks only require a general review.
Potential for remote/telecommuting after training.Job Essentials
1. Performs specifically defined tasks related to routine and non-routine/complex reimbursement functions. Timely and accurately completes assigned tasks.
2. Performs or reviews reimbursement processes (i.e., reconciliation of third-party G/L accounts, calculation of actual and budgeted contractual allowances and variances, monitoring of individual claims (logs), etc.). Interacts with HIM, PAS, and hospital finance staff as needed.
3. Prepares or reviews cost reports and surveys, reviews audit adjustments and settlements, and files appeals and exception requests to appropriately maximize reimbursement. Interacts with Medicare Administrative Contractor, State Medicaid, and hospital personnel as needed.
4. Understands and stays current on laws and regulations related to reimbursement.
5. May act as a technical resource to others. May have responsibility for coordinating and reviewing work of others. May perform lead or limited supervisory duties.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field,
- or -
Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- and -
Computer skill experience including: spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and Internet.
Masters of Accountancy