Facility Manager (Global-Foreign Service)
Become a Global Facility Manager. Apply now through November 1.
Have you thought about a global career? Did you know that the U.S. Department of State has Facility Managers at more than 165 Embassies and Consulates around the world?
Join the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) in
providing safe, secure, functional, and resilient Embassy and Consulate facilities that support diplomacy throughout the world.
As a Facility Manager and professional facilities, technical, and operations expert, you will deliver a wide range of building-related services at over 200+ locations throughout the world. Our FMs lead large, diverse teams and are responsible for the management, operation, and maintenance of the Department of State’s real property assets abroad.
As a member of the Foreign Service, you will build relationships with the local community, serve your country, engage with different cultures, and do meaningful, interesting work.
View a recent Facebook Live event with two of our global facility managers currently in Nairobi and Amman: https://fb.watch/bDmbD0bth8/
The following is required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Facility Management or Facility Engineering with no experience, OR Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of Specialized Experience OR Master’s Degree with 2 years Specialized Experience
• Worldwide Availability
• U.S. Citizenship
• Between 21-59 years of age to be appointed (veterans excepted)
In return for your service, you will receive the following benefits:
• Paid housing while abroad
• Paid K-12 education for dependent children overseas
• Federal retirement (pension and TSP (401K) matching), life and health insurance
• Starting salaries ranging from $70,009 to $111,493, not including allowances
• Cost of living adjustments, hardship pay, and danger pay depending on assignment
• Student loan repayment program
• Training and career development
To learn more, please visit https://careers.state.gov/obo/
Applications are due November 1. Please follow the instructions in the vacancy announcement and ensure that you upload your transcript(s), provide complete responses to the accomplishments questionnaire questions (mini-essays) and draft a thoughtful statement of interest.
Want more info on the application process? View a recent session on Understanding the Application Process:
Please note that the State Department issues three or four Facility Manager job announcements a year. To be informed when the next one opens, please sign up here.
Linked In: Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations
Join our team today and start a new adventure!