Associate, Operations Consulting
About our Firm:
One of Consulting Magazine’s Fastest Growing global operational management firms, TriVista is an award-winning company that is passionate about the growth of the firm as well as the individual. Our culture fosters creativity, new ideas and fresh perspectives. We embrace continuous learning, reward hard work and seek out individuals that want to make a difference. We are a unique consulting firm comprised of industry subject matter experts who thrive on challenging projects and are driven by results.
TriVista Associates collaborate with other members of the TriVista team on a variety of projects. Due Diligence projects usually take 3-4 weeks and incorporate data room analysis, site visits, and report generation, leading up to report-out telecons with the Client. Operational projects can encompass Lean and Six Sigma manufacturing, product quality, supply chain, new product development or engineering in the form of a diagnostic, or implementation. TriVista Associates interface with Clients on site and may be required to travel up to 60% of the time.
In addition, Associates assist TriVista staff with a variety of internal operational activities including; development of training material, white papers, research, logistics, and analysis support for projects.
TriVista’s Associates represent the image and credibility of the firm. Their roles require regular interface with clients that include Private Equity investors, boards of directors, and corporate level executive team members. Excellent spoken and written communication skills are essential.
Ability and willingness to undertake travel domestically and internationally is required.
- Support all aspects of Due Diligence projects including project set up and kick off, data requests, data analysis, team logistics, site visits, and report generation
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to projects analysis including value stream maps, spaghetti diagrams, line balancing, root cause analysis, pareto charts, etc.
- Implement Lean Six Sigma principles to drive continuous improvement including 5S, DMAIC, one-piece flow, Kanban, VMI, SMED, etc.
- Apply supply chain knowledge and expertise in the form of demand variability, supply chain performance, cost reductions, and inventory management
- Develop statistical models, analyze client data, and develop presentations
- Support senior TriVista team members in all aspects of project assignments as required
- Project management – development of Gantt charts, metrics, and expense tracking spreadsheets
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum relevant industry experience as an intern required. 1 to 2 years in an operations or consulting environment preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to clearly express ideas and recommendations to a broad spectrum of client employees from manufacturing personnel to CEOs
- Self-motivated with high initiative and drive to complete assignments on time with exceptional quality
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Highly organized and able to balance multiple priorities
- Understanding and proficiency using the following software: MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- 4-year degree, preferably with a focus in an Engineering discipline and/or combination of education and relevant experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or ability to obtain once employed
- MBA preferred but not required