Healthcare Policy Analyst
Want to make a tangible difference in the future of accountable care? Love applying the latest technologies and statistical models to solve tough problems? Looking for a fulfilling career that gives you autonomy, mastery and purpose?
We are a small team of data scientists, actuaries, programmers and healthcare economics experts who love what we do and wouldn’t trade it for the world. Join us!
Validate Health provides actuarial optimization services to healthcare provider organizations who are implementing value-based care programs (especially MSSP / GPDC). As a healthcare policy analyst, you get to geek out on helping these clients evaluate and implement from a broad range of programs and models. And you’ll have the resources of the Validate Health team and platform at your disposal. You’ll leverage our broad data assets, analytics technology, statistical models and actuarial knowledge to delight our clients. And you can do all this with NO TRAVEL — from the comfort of your home office!
▪ Provide your expertise to support development of internal intellectual property and contribute to advancing the product roadmap.
▪ Work on a wide variety of initiatives in parallel. Manage incoming client requests, identifying which should be developed into product features.
▪ Serve as the client-facing role for Validate, interacting with executives of health systems, physician groups and other provider organizations. Become a trusted advisor with clients’ leadership over time.
▪ Help prepare deliverables tailored to each client, including recommendation write-ups, data visualizations and presentation decks.
▪ Build industry thought leadership recognition through research, publications and client case studies.
▪ Synthesize data from spreadsheets and reports to formulate client recommendations. Calculate ROI of alternative programs and specific decisions, as well as quantifying risk, expected returns and payback timeframe.
▪ Master’s degree from a competitive university program (MBA, MPH, MHA or similar).
▪ Opportunities available at two levels:
- Senior level: 5+ years work experience in healthcare management or professional consulting in value-based care OR
- Junior level: Recent master’s degree graduates with 2+ years work experience in healthcare management or professional consulting in value-based care
▪ Experience in some combination of the following: Evaluating value based care programs, health plan implementation, provider network design, healthcare finance, revenue cycle, population health management
▪ Proficiency in data manipulation and statistical tools:
- Advanced Excel, SQL, R, SAS.
- Interested in applying actuarial methods, statistics or financial modeling.
▪ Excellent written and oral presentation skills with a track record of producing high quality client deliverables.
▪ The candidate who's the right fit for this position has a high tolerance for ambiguity and evolving responsibilities. As we grow our business, the roles and responsibilities that we each carry may change. We are looking for team players who are flexible and are open to taking on new and different roles.
▪ Desire to be an expert in healthcare and passionate about making an impact in this field. Experience with healthcare claims and clinical data is beneficial. Understanding of HIPAA compliance is a plus.
(Currently accepting remote candidates based in the US / North America).
- Remote first culture
- Fun, energetic and rewarding learning environment
- Opportunity for continuous learning and experimentation through daily team whiteboard sessions
- Encouragement of personal projects
- Stock options
- Salary that grows with the company
- Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage
We are currently only accepting candidates based in the US / North America and available for immediate full-time employment.
- Send in your latest resume to careers+Handshake@ValidateHealth.com.
- Write a note explaining your long-term career goals and what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
- Please include links to LinkedIn and GitHub if applicable, and any other links that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as publications, blog or portfolio.
- Specify the date you’re available to start work, visa/citizenship status, and any sponsorship requirements.
- Indicate that you’re willing to take an aptitude test.
- Add “Health Policy Analyst via Handshake” to the subject line.