Quantitative Research Analyst
Quantitative Research Analyst Opportunity
Forest Creek Capital LLC is a unique private investment firm and wants to build the best quantitative oriented portfolio management team in the industry. We are seeking to hire exceptionally talented and entrepreneurial thinkers to design and develop cutting-edge quantitative models and systems.
Quantitative Research Analyst Job Description
Quantitative research analysts work closely with the other team members to design and build predictive models and optimization engines for use in our trading strategies. Our analysts have end to end ownership from quantitative strategy development to deployment.
- Develop, test, and optimize current and new trading strategies based on patterns detected by data analytics
- Conduct analysis of market data to identify underlying drivers, provide decision support tools and develop mathematical models
- Develop portfolio management strategies using machine learning and data mining methodologies
- Formulate flowcharts and diagrams to convert the valuation and risk management algorithms into trading systems
- Test, maintain and monitor computer programs and systems
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree +equivalent experience in quantitative heavy fields such as mathematics, computer science, engineering or basic sciences
- Strong programming skills (R/Python preferred)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to quickly learn new, complex subject matter and intelligently apply it to solve real-world problems
- Eagerness and ability to quickly learn new technologies and programming languages
About Forest Creek capital LLC
Forest Creek Capital LLC is a private investment management firm based in McKinney, TX. We have expertise in a wide range of sophisticated trading strategies in the global markets to achieve high absolute returns with low volatility. The founder members and the close-knit team have a long track record of success and want to build the best analytical and research platform in the sector. Our capability includes developing cutting-edge quantitative models and conducting innovative investment research. Given our solid growth, robust financial condition and an aggressive growth plan, we are well set to grow and believe that the talent that will join us would both contribute towards and will benefit from its growth.
At Forest Creek capital LLC(FCC), we have a holistic approach to investing and trading. This approach depends on all of our employees taking on significant and varied responsibilities including deep analytics, cutting edge software development, obsession with tracking markets, rigorous algorithm development and making trading decisions every day .
Unlike other trading companies, we do not have a “fixed mindset” about what our people can do and can not do, so we do not pigeon hole our employees.We are organized around markets, not technical job descriptions. Our investment professionals work with a team-based approach, sharing all aspects of the investment process.
FCC’s focus is on hiring insanely great people who are smart, ambitious and entrepreneurial. Once we hire such great people, we are committed to the development of these talented individuals who, in turn, are crucial to the firm’s continued success and growth. We believe that raw smartness can be shaped and focused through on job training, systematic formal learning and project work. Through this process, our employees become great at doing sophisticated analytics, acquire deep expertise in various aspects of information technology and become great problem solvers.