Asst Disability Claim Analyst
As an Assistant Disability Claims Analyst, your day will be anything but routine. In this fast-paced environment, every single day offers new challenges and the ability to use your excellent analytical, multitasking, prioritization, and communication skills to assist with our clients’ short-term disability claims – all during a time in which they may be facing major changes in life.
Here are a few examples of the kinds of things you’ll do:
- Obtain, analyze, and investigate medical, financial and contractual information to make effective and timely claim decisions.
- Communicate with employers, employees and medical providers via phone, email, text, and letters.
- Provide customers with updates regarding medical conditions, restrictions & limitations, job duties, group short term disability policy provisions, claim decisions, status, and all other aspects of the claim process to ensure they fully understand the company's position.
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding items to ensure compliance with regulations, service timing, and quality guidelines.
What else do you need to know? This position offers you a challenging yet rewarding career where you can make an impact in the lives of many of our clients. Although you may need to make some impactful decisions, we equip you with the training, tools and resources to allow you to be successful!
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3+ years of related work experience.
- Bachelor's/Associate's degree, with 1+ years of related experience preferred.
- Ability to actively listen while you collect information on the telephone and provide strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy, pay strict attention to detail, maintain confidentiality, and work within the grey.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, decision-making, and multi-tasking skills.
- Computer skills and typing proficiency.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.