Purchasing Training Program
Ferguson is looking to train our future leaders from the ground-up, beginning in our entry-level Purchasing Training Program.
How We Train You:
Invest in your personal career development in our entry-level Purchasing Training Program! You will begin your 18 months of training in our Cincinnati, OH location for a 6-month introduction to our Supply Chain Services business. You will then relocate every 6 months within this network for the duration of your training time. Housing is provided at each location.
The emphasis of your training will be warehouse operations, sourcing and purchasing, accounting, leading all aspects of inventory, and business metrics. Further, you will receive job demos to learn about supporting business functions and develop relationships with key personnel. Mentorship opportunities will be provided with recent program graduates and senior associates.
Upon successful completion of the Purchasing Training Program, you will relocate to your final assigned location as an entry-level Operations Manager. Final location assignments are based on business needs.
What Happens After Training:
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the following: customer service, warehousing, purchasing, delivery and inventory functions. Ongoing training will be provided to develop people leadership skills and HR proficiencies!
What It Takes To Succeed:
- A desire to learn with an aim to succeed
- An understanding of the value of a long-lasting relationship, delivering to both the business and our customers
- Passion for teamwork and community investment
- Problem solving skills; ability to take ownership and accountability
- Interest in supporting our outstanding customer service in our Supply Chain Services business
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of military experience
- Supply chain related degree preferred and/or supply chain related work experience