Programmer Analyst I
What will I do?
If hired, you would join ALLETE’s highly collaborative Web Development team. This team is responsible for performing a wide range of IT functions, including: developing, maintaining, and monitoring large-scale .NET websites, custom application development, maintaining the corporate Intranet, and supporting/extending existing enterprise applications. Whatever your IT interests, if you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for digging in and finding creative ways to solve problems, we would love to talk to you about this opportunity.
What are the requirements of this position?
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher is required (or must obtain degree by December 2021) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field
- Ability to be flexible in an environment with rapidly-changing priorities
- Very strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
Prior experience is not required, however the ideal candidate would possess experience with the following:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Azure
- Relational Database querying and modeling
- API Integration with 3rd party systems
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Previous web development experience
Where will I be located?
- You will work in the ALLETE HQ located in the heart of downtown Duluth near the shores of Lake Superior.
Why should I apply?
- For your hard work and contributions, you’ll receive a strong compensation package that offers flexibility and choice in the things that matter to you: your money, your health, your time and your career. The compensation package includes a competitive salary, robust retirement plan, medical and dental benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, and numerous professional development opportunities.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.