Field Service Development Program (FSDP) 2022
Although you may never think about controlling light, would you want to watch a movie in a bright room? Have you experienced poor lighting during a video chat? People are more productive, feel more comfortable, and are generally happier under the right light.
Lutron Electronics, the inventor of the dimmer, innovates beautifully designed solutions for residential and commercial applications. Our lighting controls and automated shades are installed in Fortune 100 companies, universities, sport stadiums and residences all over the world.
Are you looking for a technical hands-on career opportunity that allows you the opportunity to travel?
Lutron Field Service Engineers work in the field to commission and service Lutron commercial lighting systems. Work in some of the most prestigious buildings applying your technical knowledge to support the successful startup of hardware and software. Lutron’s Field Service Development Program provides the opportunity to learn our business from the ground up giving you responsibility and autonomy early in your career. Amount of travel depends on the regional market requirements.
What you’re going to do:
- Participate in a 3 month training program that combines classroom training with on-the-job training.
- The program is a combination of in class training and jobsite experience in the field.
- Actively learn Lutron's business, hardware, software, and culture.
- Acquire the technical skills needed to be a successful Lutron Service team member.
- Work alongside experienced Field Engineers and learn from the best in the industry.
- Upon completing the program you will be fully qualified to work independently.
- Travel expectations: Territory based travel to multiple customer locations and construction sites.
We seek talented, motivated, self-starters with the desire and ability to make things happen, and handle problems and issues independently. Our baseline requirements are:
- Due to the technical nature of the position, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, and General Engineering/Technology, Computer Science, IT (Information Technology), or comparable 4 year degrees are required.
- Proficient in computer operation skills including file management, Outlook/video conferencing and other interpersonal communications software, web navigation, and Microsoft-based productivity software.
- General knowledge of network components and IP connectivity.
- Technical and/or extracurricular experience outside the classroo
- A willingness to travel approximately 30% of your time outside the metropolitan territory you live in.