Associate Financial Analyst - AFDP (Rotation Program)
Do you want to begin an exciting career in finance with mentorship from industry leaders?
Are you looking to explore different facets of finance in a fast-paced learning environment?
Become a leader through our 3-year rotation program
The Akamai Financial Development Program (AFDP) includes three one-year assignments combining intensive job assignments, Akamai specific seminars, and a curriculum designed to advance individual productivity, business acumen, and resourcefulness. Assignments provide exposure to the many finance specialties and may include business/product line finance, commercial/sales finance, corporate financial planning and analysis, and financial systems.
Join our dedicated Financial Planning & Analysis organization
In each of your assignments, you will develop your finance skills with engaged support from program leadership, members, and mentors. You will gain broad exposure to many aspects of finance including reporting and analysis, forecasting, and budgeting. After three years of training and professional development, you will stand out as a leader in finance.
As an Associate Financial Analyst with AFDP, you will be responsible for:
- Developing the annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and outlooks, resource planning analysis, and quarterly forecast updates
- Performing deep-dive variance analysis on spend areas, collaborating with our accounting team to ensure proper expense recognition
- Learning the underlying systems, tools and reporting cadences used across the finance organization to support the business
- Providing timely financial reporting of monthly results and analysis of key variances, business drivers, metrics, and trends
- Developing new data, reports, models, and ad hoc analyses to support business needs
- Identifying process improvement opportunities, gaining support for changes, and leading implementation collaboratively with our teams
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Business-related field with plans to graduate in the next academic year (between December 2021 and July 2022)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have prior internship experience in financial analysis or a similar role
- Demonstrate leadership capability and initiative to learn new roles
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options in this role, please discuss your requirements with the recruiter when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, we're curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you'll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.