Data Scientist Position:
We are a venture-backed hospitality tech start-up interested in hiring data scientists based in Los Angeles. To learn about our company, please visit www.mogulhospitality.com
This is a hybrid work position. You are currently located in Southern California or be willing to relocate within 60 days. This is a full-time permanent position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative fields. Master's degree candidates are welcome to apply.
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- 0-2 years of experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Engineering and Data Science.
- Proficiency in Python. Especially in modules like Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib and Scikit-Learn. Building code that are ready to run in production.
- Proficiency in dealing with messy and unstructured data, especially text data.
- Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools, such as SQL, Tableau, PowerBI.
- Familiarity in Web Scraping.
- Strong background in quantitative analysis, machine learning methods and NLP techniques.
- Ability to conduct rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiar with ranking algorithms.
- Familiar with performance tuning.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly organized.
- You are currently located in Los Angeles (or be willing to relocate).
- You have your own form of transportation.
- You can work under minimal supervision and training.
- Collect and analyze data for MogulRecruiter and StayMogul.
- Clean and transform the raw data scraped from public websites into desired format.
- Improve data modeling process including algorithms and predictive models.
- Develop processes to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Work with data science team members and third-party vendors.
RELEVANT COURSES TAKEN
- Data Analytics in Python
- Database Design and Management
- Probability and Statistics
- Optimization Methods
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Analysis of Algorithms
$5000 per month plus 20% bonus