Engineering Leadership Program
Built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902, Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
Our global engineering team is evolving to maintain Carrier’s lead position in the market through investments in advanced research, technologies, and methods that will shape the future of our products and services. As part of this transformation, we are hiring and empowering early career talent to help us innovate and pursue sustainable solutions for our customers.
Carrier is looking for Engineering, Software Development, Data Analytics, and Cybersecurity majors with demonstrated leadership ability and strong academic performance to join our competitive Willis Carrier Engineering Leadership Program (ELP). The ELP offers new graduates an opportunity to deliver impactful contributions to strategic projects through three eight-month rotations across various Carrier business units.
Should you be selected, our commitment to you is to provide front-line, hands-on, meaningful assignments designed to stretch your capabilities and accelerate your professional development. In addition to the hands-on experience, you will receive high-caliber training, mentorship, and guidance from our diverse team of Carrier executives and program alumni to build a strong and lasting global network of colleagues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
During your time in the program, you will have the opportunity to build your technical and leadership skills within one of the following or similar tracks: mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, chemical engineering, or software engineering. In addition, you will have exposure to formal and on-the-job training in:
- Agile methodologies
- Change management
- Customer engagement
- Executive presence and communications
- Project management
- Product management
ELP rotations are primarily in Bradenton, FL; Charlotte, NC; Indianapolis, IN; Syracuse and Rochester, NY; and Athens, GA.
Experience / Qualifications:
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Proactive and results-driven; thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated technical skills in engineering, software, systems, UI design, data analytics and modeling, or networking and cybersecurity
- Relevant internships or co-op experiences within engineering functions
- Less than one year of professional work experience (not including prior internships)
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US
While we cannot guarantee specific assignments, we will do our utmost to match your preferences and skills with available opportunities. Flexibility to move around the United States is a requirement.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in an engineering, digital, or STEM-related field
- Strong academic performance, GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA (3.2 Preferred)