Data & Analytics Associate Consultant – Slalom Women Cohort
Slalom’s Associate Consultants participate in the Consulting Foundations Experience - designed for anyone who is new to consulting. Whether you're early in your career or transitioning from another field, it's designed to support your understanding of our business, the way we approach consulting, and the important role you’ll play in helping clients reach for and realize their vision. The experience includes additional business and technical academies, so you can focus your experience and build consulting skills quickly in a blended learning environment.
In honor of our pledge to lead the way in driving a more inclusive future by striving for gender parity, and as a sponsor of Grace Hopper Celebration 2021, we are introducing The Consulting Foundations Slalom Women Cohort. This all-female cohort is one of the many ways Slalom is continuing the spirit of the celebration after the event. This cohort will have an enhanced experience to include programing designed to support the development of Slalom Women. All women joining the October 2021 cohort will have the opportunity to join our Slalom Women Employee Resource Group (ERG) and will also be aligned with a female mentor to support their professional development and help build their networks at Slalom.
Associate Consultants develop practical expertise in new and emerging technologies through participating in one our Data & Analytics Academy:
Who can attend?
- Consulting Foundations Slalom Women Cohort is an experience for women and gender expansive adults. This is an additional cohort and does not replace the standard gender balanced cohorts, which you are also welcomed to apply for if you prefer.
What You’ll Learn
Before getting started on your first client project, Local and Global Consulting Foundation weeks cover three key areas including: industry & business acumen, our company, and core consulting skills.
- Industry & Business Acumen includes defining consulting, why clients invest in consulting, common consulting terms, key industry competitors, and basic financials.
- Our Company includes our core values, how we partner with our clients, our approach to career development, and how our business operates.
- Consulting Skills includes project management, data analytics, process design, running effective meetings, structured thinking, managing expectations, inquiry, innovation, building client relationships, listening, and building your personal brand.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to analyze, design, & deliver innovative solutions for a wide variety of business topics and industries
- Work closely with both IT and business clients, to best align business needs with technical capability/ feasibility
- Perform business analysis to determine present and future business performance
- Conduct and participate in client white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations
- Produce deliverables using various tools covering traditional as well as modern technologies
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or related field experience
- Adaptable individual who can create structure in ambiguous or rapidly changing environments
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to deliver your message to varied audiences (e.g. client stakeholders, delivery teams, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a vast array of information
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 40 markets around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 9,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.