Analyst - Leadership and Organisational Behaviour
Arieli & Company is a high-growth consulting firm that specialises in organisational behaviour and leadership development. We are looking for driven and resourceful individuals who want to play a key role in driving the company’s growth.
As an Analyst, you will support consultants with organisational and private-client projects. We not only provide strategic advice, but also pride ourselves on effective implementation and measurable results. The variety of projects we work across will require you to adapt quickly to changing requirements. Examples of challenges we address are:
- What are the key leadership capabilities an organisation needs to drive its strategic priorities? How can you develop these efficiently and sustainably?
- How can an organisation embed psychological safety into its culture?
- What priorities should an organisation set for its global leadership development strategy? How should this differ from priorities at the zone/regional level?
- How can you transform mindsets within an organisation?
- How do you align senior stakeholder career management with organisational needs?
- How can you drive inclusion and diversity in a way that creates belonging and engagement across the whole organisation?
It is necessary to have a strong interest in understanding human and organisational behaviour, and how this relates to leadership effectiveness and organisational performance. Successful candidates have the ability to manage high levels of ambiguity, comprehend and synthesise complex information, articulate themselves clearly and eloquently verbally and in writing, and conduct themselves with poise and discretion in high-stakes situations. Analysts are encouraged to take ownership of their work, which allows them to see how it feeds into deliverables for our business and clients.
Analysts are provided with ongoing training from consultants and executive coaches; this is tailored to their own capability gaps. Training will include learning to apply, interpret, and utilise psychometric assessments. It will also include training on key topics in organisational psychology, such as organisation change, talent development, and talent assessment. As your experience grows, you will have the opportunity to be involved in key decision-making for projects.
Analysts report directly to their supervising consultant. Salary base increases, bonuses, and other benefits will be directly tied to the value of the contribution you make. After 6 months (probation), your salary base will increase to $48,000.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Can work well under pressure, maintaining high attention to detail and consistent delivery to a high standard
- Can stay productive, positive, and focused on the overarching goal in periods of high uncertainty and ambiguity
- Can manage multiple projects, responsibilities, and priorities with close attention to respective deadlines
- Fast learner with respect to new knowledge, technical skills, and business acumen
- Strong work ethic
- High-level analytical skills
- High-level critical reasoning skills
- High intellectual curiosity with a “constant learner” mentality
- Highly observant with ability to pivot approach and content quickly based on fresh insight
- Able to grasp, synthesise, and clearly communicate complex and nuanced information
- Strong rhetoric in writing and/or speaking, complemented by very articulate use of English (verbal and written)
- Can work independently and take initiative (intellectually, pragmatically)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with a healthy level of self-awareness
- Demonstrable interest in understanding people, their motivations, and their behaviours
- Proficient in MS Office
- Support consultants with our organisational and private-client projects, including fielding ad hoc client requests and keeping up with developments in client organisations and their industries
- Conduct research and analysis to support recommendations and solution implementation for our clients
- Anticipate project implementation challenges and pre-emptively develop and present actionable solutions
- Develop an understanding of how key industries work, from a strategic and operational standpoint to the day-to-day implications for leaders and their teams
- Develop a core understanding of psychological and behaviour change theories, processes, and practices
- Develop a core understanding of organisational consulting frameworks and practices
- Prepare reports, presentations, and infographics for internal and external use
- Contribute to our thought leadership work by engaging in active research and drafting thought pieces for our clients and stakeholders
- Track and measure project data to quantify client ROI
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders across industries and seniority levels
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a globally leading university, graduating in 2021 or 2022
- If graduated pre-2021: graduation from a bachelor’s degree or higher from a globally leading university plus a commensurate number of years’ work experience with evidence of transferrable capabilities
Evidence of having acted in a leadership role (at university or other) or evidence of having acted in an entrepreneurial capacity with respect to any academic, professional, or personal choices made
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please address the following questions in your cover letter:
- What do you hope to learn from working at Arieli & Company?
- What skills would you bring to the role that would prepare you to work through periods of high uncertainty and ambiguity?
- Describe two critical trends that, in your view, impact the world of work today
- Based on your background, what do you think you would bring to the role that other candidates would not?
Unfortunately, applications that do not meet the following criteria cannot be progressed to the next stage:
- All applications must be submitted with a CV and cover letter
- All cover letters must answer the given questions