Graduate Payment Operations Specialist
We’re looking for a Graduate Payment Operations Specialist to join our growing team in Tampa office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, being a part of our international Operations team and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the team:
- Keep an eye on the payments' engine and solve payment-related problems.
- Build solid ownership of operational processes with your team
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Drive operational excellence, while maintaining sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks
- Help translate customer needs into plans and support these with analysis
- Drive improvements to our product and work processes to become more efficient
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact - You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organisation, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Challenge Yourself - You’ll be working with teams that face complex situations. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring.
- Inspire Teams - You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Work Globally - You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 2000+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done!
- You’re a final year student studying for a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be related to the field of Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or International Relations
- You graduated in 2021 or will be graduating in 2022
- You’ll be able to start a full-time job in September 2022
- You’re accurate and pay attention to detail. You enjoy owning your work and take charge on projects when needed
- You enjoy being part of an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when giving or receiving feedback
- You have a history of solving problems based on data or you’ve led a project delivering high quality results
- You have the right to work in the US
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.