Do you have strong analytical skills with a passion for data? Interested in a property and casualty (P&C) role with Aon's Global Risk Consulting team supporting Aon's client onsite? If you have business experience, including insurance or risk management, and an ability to work with various parties, including underwriters, brokers, and lawyers, this may be the role for you!
NOTE: This role is onsite in the Detroit metro area.
What will your day look like?
- Pair your general knowledge of risk management practices with professional ethics to become an integral part of the team.
- Collect, coordinate and analyze data in support of existing and future insurance programs.
- Extract auto liability, product liability and general liability data from data warehouse and implement your proficiency in data analysis utilizing MS Excel, PowerBI and other software tools build reports and analyze outputs to support renewal of domestic and global insurance programs.
- Focus on risk aspects by leading data management (data warehouse), perform loss forecasting, accruals, self-insured and cash flow analysis.
- Capture and review data on exposures, loss history and standard and unique coverage needs for submissions; perform submission assembly/creation when necessary.
- Actively support and monitor the renewal process, including issuing (at the direction of the Client) or following up on binders, policies and endorsements.
- Apply a proven understanding of major insurance coverages (including general/product liability, commercial automobile, workers’ compensation, property, time element, umbrella, financial coverages, etc.), client-specific coverages and premium rating methods and audits.
How is this role different?
You will have the opportunity to lead change, initiate and execute reporting operational improvements, and communicate data findings in an easy to understand manner to partners. In this role, you will gain an accurate understanding of facts and situations quickly and efficiently, recognizing when more information is needed and when to call on team members to make a decision or resolve a problem.
What skills will help you be successful?
- At least 2 years of experience working in a P&C insurance environment and a solid understanding of general insurance, including property, liability, worker’s compensation and bonds.
- Teamwork skills to maintain good working relationships with brokers, carriers, vendors and internal clients, along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in data analysis utilizing Microsoft Excel, Power BI and other software tools.
- Comfortable working with and manipulating large data sets.
- Ability to manage open item lists and respond to ad-hoc requests.
Why might this be the opportunity for you?
While there are consistent requirements to be met daily, each day will be different and exciting! You will be in a team environment that exhibits a positive demeanor and integrity. You get to expand your knowledge and increase your eye for business, apply and enhance your project management and teamwork skills, and enjoy flexibility regarding assignments.
Other successful colleagues in this position...
- Work with high levels of interest, energy and passion to meet or exceed clients’ expectations.
- Act with responsiveness, vitality and integrity in all client matters.
- Accept accountability for the quality of their work.
Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related curriculum preferred. ARM, CPCU or working toward a designation preferred.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $65,000 annually. This salary range is an estimate and the actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
This position is eligible to participate in one of Aon’s annual incentive plans. The amount of the incentive varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable incentive plan.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.