Software & Data Quality Assurance Analyst I
Software & Data Quality Assurance Analyst I
Location: Temporarily working remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic; with an anticipated transition back into our Johns Creek office in early 2022.
Reports To: Manager of Software & Data Quality Assurance
Who We Are
NCCPA is the only certifying organization for physician assistants in the United States. Established as a not-for-profit organization in 1974, we are dedicated to assuring the public that certified PAs meet established standards of clinical knowledge and cognitive skills upon entry into practice and throughout their careers. All U.S. states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. territories have decided to rely on NCCPA certification as one of the criteria for licensure or regulation of PAs.
Why Work at NCCPA
We get to do meaningful work every day and we enjoy working and having fun together! No wonder we’ve been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019 & 2020 by Modern Healthcare!
There are about 30 of us in Technology. We are friendly and very collaborative. We aim to create the best technology solutions for our organization and our partners. Some of us have been here for one year and others over 10 years, all in Technology. Now that’s commitment!
Why Us, Why Now?
As the Software & Data Quality Assurance Analyst I, you will be responsible for the accurate testing of software programs against design specifications and user requirements to include utilizing requirements traceability, a risk-based approach for all development projects and participating in test case development and execution.
How Will You Make a Difference? You will…
- Perform application testing tasks including planning, scheduling, and executing tests to assure that developed products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards.
- Help to determine if stories and their acceptance criteria are well defined and if they satisfy customer requirements.
- Be responsible for providing change control for all software moves to ensure the integrity of development, quality and production environments.
- Work with the Software Development Team to identify and resolve defects identified by QA and system users.
- Participate in design reviews, functional walk through of application development projects, and support test plans based on project application requirements. Participate and support software deployment planning and implementation.
- Provide timely and effective communication and resolution with QA and developers on product issues.
Hard Skills You Will Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience in software development, research or product testing.
Soft Skills You Will Have
- Your highly developed time management skills, systematic approach to organization/planning and keen attention to detail.
- Your proven analytical approach and proactive problem-solving skills that identify and recommend solutions to the determined issues.
- Your ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a self-motivated team member.
- Your ability to provide exceptional customer service and interact with customers in a timely, positive and professional manner.
- Your proven ability to manage competing priorities, remain calm under pressure and deliver service under time constraints and aggressive deadlines.
- Your excellent communications skills with a proficiency in diplomacy
- Your ability to adapt and change course based on the needs of the project.
Extra Skills You Can Bring Along
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, agile methodologies and the Scrum framework.
- Exposure to Visual Studio tools.
- Experience in software technical support (troubleshooting software installations, troubleshooting or configuring hardware).
- Experience with transact-SQL queries, relational databases and defect tracking tools.
Benefits and Perks for You
- Work/Life Balance
- 37.5-hour workweek, Monday - Friday
- Flexible Work Hours
- Telecommute Days
- Eleven paid holidays
- 19 PTO Days
- Paid Volunteer Day to Make a Difference
- Great Compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision with over 80% Employer Contribution
- 100% Employer Paid Group Life Insurance and Short- and Long-term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account for Medical Expenses (100% Employer Funded)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care Expenses
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Contributions and Matching
- Access to Voluntary Benefits such as Legal Aid, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, and Basic Life and AD&D for you, your spouse and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- 24/7 Telehealth
- Fully Stocked Breakroom with Healthy Snacks
- $1,000 Annual Reimbursement for Fitness Clubs & Program Dues
- Up to $240 in Annual Cash Incentives for Staying Active
- $5,250 in Tuition Reimbursements
- 100% Employer Paid Training Opportunities
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace