Analyst/Associate - Energy - Portfolio management
ING’s purpose is ‘Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business’. Every ING colleague contributes to that vision. We champion self-reliance and foster a collaborative and innovative culture. The Orange Code is our global manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It is made up of ING Values (we are honest; we are prudent; we are responsible) and ING Behaviors: (you take it on and make it happen; you help others to be successful; you are always a step ahead).
For us, success will only be achieved if we act with Integrity.
Some companies see diversity as a box to be ticked. We see it as fundamental to our success and we encourage a proper work/life balance. At ING, you will be judged on your performance in line with the Orange Code. And that’s a promise.
The Energy team is part of ING Sector Coverage which covers the whole energy value chain from oil & gas production, mid/-downstream and power and renewables. This position is a part of the team’s Portfolio Management, an instrumental unit that provides critical portfolio management and reporting foundation support to the origination activity.
As a Senior Analyst/ Associate in the team, your primary responsibility will be the ongoing management of the Energy Americas loan portfolio, with an emphasis on credit monitoring and internal reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
- Report directly to the Energy Head of Portfolio Management and support MDs, Directors and VPs in the Energy team in portfolio management responsibilities
- Support the Team Lead in overseeing and supporting all facets of the daily operations of the Energy Americas portfolio, including but not limited to:
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual credit reviews;
- Prepare quarterly Credit Risk Management (“CRM”) portfolio reviews;
- Process amendment and waiver requests, and prepare and review credit modifications;
- Track compliance of financial covenants and other reporting covenants such as construction/ operating reports, insurance, etc.;
- Review and prepare annual risk rating updates;
- Oversee and prepare collateral monitoring reports;
- Prepare and maintain reports as requested by regulators, rating agencies and other external parties;
- Manage ongoing KYC maintenance;
- Maintain various department and industry databases/trackers;
- Maintain internal portfolio tracking metrics;
- Respond to ad hoc internal requests on portfolio composition and exposure.
- Monitor and identify market developments and proactively manage their potential impact on the portfolio
- Support Team Lead and coordinate between Portfolio Management/ Origination in order to ensure timely and accurate response to internal (CAS) and external regulatory controls and audits by providing the required insights, reports and samples and by participating in the dialogue if so requested
- Stay up-to-date on organizational operating policies and procedures (i.e. Risk, Legal, etc.) to ensure appropriate protocols are implemented and followed, and facilitate accordingly
- Assist the team in the execution of new transactions and refinancings on an as-needed basis
Qualifications / Education:
BA/BS in finance/economics/accounting/management/engineering (or similar); CFA a plus
Experience / Knowledge:
- 2-3 years of project finance experience, preferably in the power and renewables sector and/or in oil and gas
- Strong financial and credit analysis capabilities
- Strong financial modeling capabilities
- Knowledge of the energy industry and experience with project finance structure
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- Committed and dedicated individual who will continuously improve the way the team works