Join our Engineering Team in Madison, WI!
This position is part of the Facilities Engineering Team at the Forest Products Laboratory (FPL) in Madison, WI. The pay range for this GS-13 Supervisory Engineering position is $92,143 - $119,787. Additional hiring incentives could also apply which would be negotiated at the time of a tentative offer. We are located adjacent to the University of Wisconsin campus and also have ample parking for our employees and visitors! Take a virtual tour of the FPL facilities at:
- Provides program management, expert consultation and support to the Assistant Station Directors, Program Managers, Scientists, and Station Director on planning, design, construction, and maintenance of facilities.
- Monitors field application of and compliance with national facilities policy, direction, and technical procedures and methods through activity and program reviews.
- Develops long-term, long-range engineering programs (5-10 years) for expansion, remodeling, and new construction of facilities to support and accommodate the Stations research mission.
- Works with Station leadership to gain approval of the long-range facilities program, and is then responsible for coordination, planning, and implementation.
- Serves as a member of national facility group leaders, and reviews and sets policy for deferred maintenance, and other national facility standards.
- Coordinates efforts across all programs within the Station, other Research Stations, the Washington Office, and the National Forest System, and works with cooperating organizations including universities and Federal and State agencies.
- Provides professional engineering consultation, advice, and designs to research projects to meet safety, structural, and code compliance standards, assuring projects also meet State and national standards.
- Responsible for the maintenance, repair, and safe and efficient operation of all Station facilities, ensuring that all buildings, laboratories, , and other facilities are operated and maintained.
- Performs condition surveys, establishes standards for periodic maintenance, recommends funding requirements on a priority basis, and follows up to ensure that approved standards are being accomplished.
- Manages the budget for multiple work plans and projects. Is responsible for work plan programming, approving project requests, monitoring balances, and ensuring that the program is completed within budget.
- Supervisory responsibilities constitute 25 percent or more of the employees time.
The Forest Products Laboratory (FPL) is part of the USDA, US Forest Service. FPL is the Forest Service’s only national research facility and was established by Gifford Pinchot in 1910 to promote healthy forests and forest-based economies through the efficient and sustainable use of our forest resources. FPL research stimulates climate and economic resilience in many sectors, including bioenergy, housing, tourism, and packaging and paper, all while helping remove barriers for innovative ideas to reach the marketplace.
Vacancy closes at 10:59 pm CST on 10/04/2021.
The link to apply at USAJOBS is https://lnkd.in/gr3qnAeC.