Intern - Finance Data Scientist - Summer 2022, CO (261402)
Lumen’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within The Finance Intelligence Organization will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. Interns will have the potential to experience developing tools to collect, clean, analyze and manage the data used by strategic areas of the business; employ techniques and theories from the subdomains of machine learning or AI; collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand complex business problems, build statistical models, and create predictive tools.
The internship will take place from June 3, 2022 – August 12, 2022 in our Broomfield, CO office. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand complex business problems, build statistical models, and create predictive tools.
- Work effectively on a team as well as a self-driven individual to do research and develop cutting edge and effective solutions for the business.
- Create new insights that will drive business growth and profitability in the short and long term.
- Assist with building out machine learning models to optimize Re-rate program.
- Pursing a degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or relevant degree.
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
- 3.0 or above cumulative GPA preferred
- Experience/Understanding in one of the following languages Python or R
- Familiar with Databases and SQL and NoSQL
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
- Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
- Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
- Professional attitude
- Flexible and adapts well to change.
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 261402