Operations Leadership Development Program - ES OLDP
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST APPLY ON OUR EXTERNAL WEBSITE. APPLICATIONS FROM HANDSHAKE WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems as part of our Leadership Development Program (LDP). The LDP is designed to accelerate the development and career of highly-motivated recent college graduates who aspire to achieve their leadership potential. This is accomplished through challenging and rewarding rotational assignments, technical and leadership training, advanced education, leadership opportunities and exposure, and mentorship. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters.
The OLDP consists of three, one-year rotations; each with increasing responsibility. It is designed to provide diverse set of experiences within Operations areas and disciplines. OLDP participants are also exposed to a variety of networking opportunities and strategic project initiatives.
- Diversity: The OLDP's affiliation with other BAE Systems leadership development programs enables participants to work in cross-functional and cross-site rotational assignments.
- Flexibility: The OLDP provides a great deal of flexibility and choice for program participants. This flexibility includes OLDP participant input of 2nd and 3rd rotational assignments and/or geographic location.
- Education: Participants are required to complete a graduate degree on a part-time basis. The school and specific degree (MBA, Mechanical Engineering, etc.) is left up to the candidate, providing it is applicable to the business. BAE Systems provides tuition assistance for this degree.
- Opportunity to travel: BAE Systems has locations worldwide with our OLDP primarily rotating to locations within the United States. Your first rotation will be at one of our major locations [ES locations] These assignments can change based on business need. Your second and third rotations may be at any of our locations nationwide.
- Mentorship: A mentor is assigned to each OLDP participant to expose them to diverse and challenging experiences, while providing guidance in choosing rotations, career development, and off-program placement.
- Personal growth: The program seeks to facilitate the growth of an individual's leadership skills through an annual, week-long leadership development conference (LDC). This conference provides personalized leadership training as well as an opportunity to network with senior BAE Systems executives and other leadership development program participants across the company.
The OLDP is a three-year rotational program designed to develop high potential, entry-level individuals into future leaders. You’ll have the opportunity to experience assignments in several operational functions, business areas, and product groups nationwide. Rotational examples include:
- Process Engineer
- Supply Chain Planner
- Industrial Engineer
- Production Control/Manufacturing Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Operations Program Specialist / Manager
- Value Stream Specialist/Supervisor
- Subcontract Administrator
- Strategic Sourcing Lead
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, etc.), Supply Chain Management, Data Science and Analytics, Business Operations or other applicable majors
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities in academic and non-academic pursuits
- Participation in a variety of extracurricular activities
All candidates must be able to:
- Relocate during the rotational program
- Start at one of our major locations: Nashua, NH; Austin, TX; Huntsville, AL; Cedar Rapids, IA; Wayne, NJ; Fort Wayne, IN; Endicott, NY, Greenlawn, NY; Manassas, VA
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Superior communication skills
- Capacity and motivation for hard work
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities