Data Scientist (Milpitas, California)
View is seeking driven Data Scientists to join our IoT Organization. The IoT Organization at View works to develop innovative Smart Building solutions that power the buildings of the future.
Data Scientists at View often work across teams and need to be ready and willing to learn about details of different subject matters that comprises the product stack. We’re particularly interested in engineers who can take a problem, simplify that problem, and clearly communicate the importance of and solution to that problem to fellow engineers and non-engineers. We are looking for the ability to understand the View product and data pipeline as an end-to-end system including the software and devices to develop solutions that are robust and scalable. We value a self-starting mentality that works across disciplines and gets things done.
- Collect, analyze and solve data problems centered around occupant health and wellness
- Work in multiple different types of databases host in a variety of locations to gather and analyze data
- Develop and validate data using a variety of data modeling techniques
- Work to define structure previously unstructured data problems
- Work closely with colleagues outside of the data science team on new products
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of data modeling frameworks and their implementation
- Ability to work with (or learn to work with) different types of databases
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members as well as non-experts
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects with other teams
- Less than 5 years of experience in an engineering field (we do not want subject matter experts)
- The ability to quickly learn and develop skills as new problems are encountered
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, or Data Science preferred