SMG Sales Operations Analyst Undergraduate Summer Intern
Business Management Group BMG The Business Management Group within Intel's Sales and Marketing Group, is charged with running and growing the business for Intel and its customers through meaningful data analysis and market insights. There's no better place to see how Intel works than BMG, we are the ENGINE ROOM of the company.
The Operations Analyst intern within BMG, will support America's Operations and have exposure to and experience with managing the sales process. The candidate will act as the communication conduit between internal and external Customers, Sales, Finance and the Factory to optimize revenue.
There are two roles an Operations Analyst intern could support:
- Customer Business Analyst CBA - First line of contact for supply chain management. Manage the sales process, forecast demand, orders, and invoicing. Ability to manage large amounts of data in excel to propose solutions to problems is required.
- Rebate Analyst RA - Work closely with Operations, Finance, Field Sales and the Customer to calculate rebate payments and forecast accruals. Ability to manage large amounts of data in excel to propose solutions to problems is required.
- Candidate should be planning to pursue a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Economics, Accountancy or other business related field.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Applicants must have a legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Must be able to work fulltime at the Intel Folsom, California or Oregon campus during the specified dates if the organization is back on site.
- 3+ months of experience or knowledge in engaging with and supporting customers
- 3+ months of experience or knowledge with Excel, including the use of pivot tables, advanced logic functions, and other complex formulas
3+ months of experience or knowledge in:
- Understanding of supply management, demand forecasting, market analysis or operations
- Strong analytical and data management skills and ability to work through complex/ambiguous business scenarios
- Ability to solicit and listen to critical feedback to improve forecast, while simultaneously demonstrating confidence in numbers and analysis
- Ability to consistently deliver results under time constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership skills managing stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated experience influencing via excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated skills in driving processes and solving problems across multiple business groups
- Familiarity with Intel Architecture products and customers and a working knowledge of broader PC market drivers and trends