Research Communications Outreach Specialist
Apply Now! Applications Reviewed Daily.
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Research Communications Outreach Specialist with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $30.16 per hour.
Travel: Travel is not required.
- Demonstrated education and/or experience in both science and communications;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and have experience working in teams;
- Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills. A writing sample shall be provided;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), desktop publishing, and the Internet;
- Experience working in fast paced environments with minimal guidance; and
- Experience to working effectively in teams and individually.
- Course work in writing, communications, or a related field.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Master’s degree in a scientific field from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Immediate Office of the Assistant Administrator (IOAA), within the Office of Research and Development (ORD), provides leadership for implementing and communicating the research conducted under ORD’s six research programs to a wide-range of stakeholders.
The U.S. EPA Office of Research and Development’s (ORD’s), National Program Manager (NPM) for Regional Laboratories provides leadership for EPA’s Regional Laboratories, and also addresses operational effectiveness and efficiency for EPA’s Laboratory Enterprise.
The IOAA has a student contractor opening to assist with strengthening the NPM’s internal and external outreach efforts, as well as assisting with a broad range of science communications efforts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Assisting with meeting planning and logistics;
- Creating, reviewing, and updating the NPM’s online media sources;
- Preparing formal communications materials; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email Elyse.Morrow@ORAU.org