Cloud Software Engineer, Data Science
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
As the first data engineer in a rapidly growing team, you will join a world-class engineering team and build the core data foundation, encompassing internal analytics and product data science. You will build the next generation of our data infrastructure and enable the company to answer key questions and make better decisions. You will be setting the bar for high quality data and a metrics-driven culture as we scale. In addition, OSC (Olympus Scientific Cloud) is building analytics products for customers to enable operational efficiencies. You will serve as a key player and work closely with the Product team to bring best data practices to our customers and the industry at large.
Olympus is a leading manufacturer of IoT enabled test and measurement solutions used in applications including aerospace, oil & gas, infrastructure, and automotive. We are currently building a cloud platform (OSC) to offer cloud based digital services to enable digital transformation for our customers. We are looking for a full-stack software developer who will help to build cloud applications, extend OSC platform with rich APIs and support factory/service cloud interface for the ANI and Portable NDT programs. The ideal candidate will be designing and implement microservices using Azure platform.
* Architect and build OSCs data platform for internal analytics, product data science, machine learning. ensure data integrity and data privacy are key concerns from design onwards.
* Architect and implement scalable APIs for internal and external customers to access data in our platform.
* Design and Implement robust, highly reliable, scalable and secure microservices.
* Engineer changes to OSCs products to provide richer instrumentation that will lead to the development of new data products and systems for either internal use cases or new customer-facing products.
* Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Product, and Engineering to establish best practices around usage of our data platform.
* Participate in code reviews. Maintain a working knowledge and awareness of leading/emerging technologies in the cloud software development.
* Coordinate with stakeholders (Product Owner, Scrum master, Architect, Quality and DevOps teams) to ensure successful execution of the project.
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science.
· Minimum of 3 years of industry experience as a professional programmer in designing and building data processing systems.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience programming in Python/R and SQL
* Minimum of 1 year experience developing RESTful API’s, cloud applications using .Net/Java/NodeJs and Angular/React for Azure/AWS/GCP cloud platforms.
* Demonstrable experience with Spark, Airflow, MapReduce, or other open-source or commercial data technologies to build data pipelines in production for advanced analytics use cases.
* Experience with data analytics and warehouse solutions such as Snowflake, Azure Datalake, etc.
* Hands on experience with databases (SQL, noSQL) design, management and optimizing performance.
* Demonstrable involvement in full-stack cloud development to build SPA, RestFul APIs and micro-services and deploy them in Azure/AWS/GCP cloud platforms.
* Strong communicator with both words and data - you understand what it takes to go from raw data to something a human understands.
* Comfortable with complexity in the short term but can build towards simplicity in the long term.
* Familiar with agile methodologies and iterative development concepts.
* Plus: experience with data sets in any of the business or operational domains listed above (Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, etc.), Involvement developing on the Microsoft Azure platform.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus has manufactured microscopes since the company’s founding in 1919. Today, Olympus is a leading manufacturer of optical and digital microscope systems for life science solutions. Olympus’ Life Sciences division supplies microscope systems for biological use in clinical, research, and educational applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-lifescience.com.