Data Engineering Co-op
Data Engineering Co-op - January 2022 Start
Work Duration: January 10th, 2022 - June 24th, 2022
Wayfair Data Engineering is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
At their core, Data Engineers at Wayfair are strong technical individuals who enjoy working with large data sets. They are comfortable working with both business users and other engineers to develop tools and datasets enabling self-service analytics. There are significant opportunities for new team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
What You'll Do:
- Implement big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower your stakeholders to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs
- Build appropriate data architecture, data pipelines, reporting, data exploration, processes and quality controls to enable self-service Business Intelligence
- Develop curated data sets that are easily consumed by non-technical users
- Partner with business users and engineers to build the metrics and attributes required to address broad business needs
What You'll Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record and able to work full-time from January 10 - June 24, 2022
- Ability to execute on technical requirements to complex business requirements
- Collaborative and eager to partner with business reporting and engineering to execute the optimal technical implementation for analytics
- Excited about working with terabyte sized data sets to design scalable, robust analytic solutions
- A background in SQL
- Solid business acumen, critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Experience implementing data-driven solutions, such as reporting, algorithms, or data integration systems to align business goals
- Programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ highly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.