Alumni Opportunity in the Washington, DC area
1-3 years of post-undergraduate work experience.
Note: This role will require the employee to be in the office. Currently, Strategic will be on a hybrid work schedule. Our office is located in Arlington, Virginia accessible to transit and a ten (10) minute walk to Washington, DC.
To view our Compensation and Benefits Summary click HERE.
The Operations Analyst is responsible for supporting the management of institutional investment portfolios. The Operations team at Strategic plays a critical role ensuring that transactions are accurately reflected in the internal systems, as well as with external third-party custodians. We seek an energetic individual with an accounting and/or finance background and a desire to learn the many facets of operational support in a collegial team environment.
- Record client daily and monthly transactions and cash activities into transaction system and review them against the values at the custodian(s).
- Identify, research, and resolve transactional discrepancies.
- Liaise between portfolio managers and custodians for all portfolio-specific activity and issues, ensuring communication of critical information.
- Assist in the coordination of client investment transitions and new investment and manager setup, including custodians, prime brokers and counterparties.
- Support the processing, booking, settling, and reconciliation of direct and manager trades, including derivatives.
- Aggregate, enter, and prepare capital calls for approval and execution.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Accounting, Finance, or other related discipline.
- 1-3 years of work experience in an investment operations or portfolio management support role.
- Working understanding of derivatives, including futures a plus.
- Experience with external financial custodians a plus.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Ability to learn and master various software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player and client-service oriented.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid organizational and time-management skills.