1. General Information
- Hiring Department/Group: Finance
- Job Title: Finance Analyst
- Office Location: New York, New York
2. Job Function Summary
The Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) team plays an important role in delivering economic insights and decision making support to the senior leadership of the organization which helps to drive the financial performance of the firm. The firm is looking to recruit an individual with financial services experience to develop and improve tools and processes to enhance reporting which facilitates more informed decisions.
3. Principal Responsibilities
· Prepare monthly financial dashboards for senior management reflecting actual results, and comparisons to forecasts / budgets
· Play an active role in the firm’s annual budget and forecasting processes by working with the organization’s leadership to incorporate initiatives
· Develop financial analysis, which is value-added to decision making and assessing business performance
· Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses and capital expenditures
· Participate in team-wide projects with the autonomy to innovate and develop new ways to analyze the business
· Understanding of Cost Accounting and Expense Allocation principals; Assist in managing the monthly cost allocation process and is actively involved in the budgeting and forecasting process.
· Partner with the businesses in developing financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives, including product expansion economics
· Manage multiple data sources and business information across various departments within the organization
· Work closely with broader Finance organization, Risk, Corporate Strategy and HR on firm-wide initiatives
4. Qualifications/Skills Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance or related field is preferred
· Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills (Pivot tables, macros, VBA); Knowledge of Tableau a plus
· Advanced quantitative and problem solving skills
· Ability to communicate effectively, including presenting ideas both in written presentations and to small groups
· Ability to interact with senior management, peers and professional staff;
· Communicating with impact to effectively manage upward to influence decisions. Quick learner, Detail oriented; Demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
· Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
· Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency