Quant Researcher - Data Science
Role: Quant Researcher - Data Science
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With offices around the globe, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
Overview of Quant Researcher - Data Science Position:
- Research statistical techniques such as Machine Learning and NLP to extract value from data
- Analyze large data sets using advanced statistical methods to identify trading opportunities
- Help to develop tools to solve complex data related problems throughout the firm.
Typical Day of Quant Researcher - Data Science:
- Primary focus throughout the day is on researching new techniques and exploring datasets
- Discuss and present research results with other researchers
- Deploy and monitor tools used in every day trading processes.
Skill Set Required For Position:
- Quantitative background - includes degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning and NLP
- Programming proficiency with at least one major programming or scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with colleagues across multiple regions
- Ability to work well under pressure.