Casino Data Analyst
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. With parent company Carnival Corporation, Princess has introduced MedallionClass Vacations. This award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to an effortless, personalized vacation.
We’re looking for an amazing data analyst professional to fill this role, which is based in our Santa Clarita office. You’ll be responsible for applying strong data analysis, SQL, and data story-telling skills to serve as the expert in Casino CRM data & analytics for Princess cruises. Act as a close trusted partner to the Commercial Product Management team to provide insights and analysis that will drive action and innovation in the Casino business. Support a variety of projects that may include performance analytics around casino marketing campaigns, A/B & multivariate tests of campaign variations, analysis and recommendations for data-driven personalization, and deep dive analyses of challenging business questions about Casino guests. At different times, work independently, collaboratively, flexibly, and with a learning-oriented approach/attitude. Partner with a Casino Specialist to support targeting tactics, to generate guest lists for email and direct mail campaigns, and to provide performance reporting.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Casino Data Analyst. Is this you?
- Perform Casino Campaign Analytics. Analyze lift and impact of Casino email and direct mail campaigns, overlapping Casino campaigns and overlapping Casino and brand campaigns to assign booking attribution and booking causation.
- Report and present findings on campaign KPIs, booking lift, trade bookings, profile of guests accepting offers, voyage distribution and other campaign analytic findings in Casino meetings and in monthly Direct Marketing report. Normalize and compare metrics among Casino and non-Casino campaigns. Primarily using SQL, research, access, error-check and synthesize data sources across a variety of platforms. Coordinate with Analytics Specialist to Validate List requirements and offers for email and direct mail marketing pieces.
- Address challenging ad hoc analysis requests regarding Casino guests and campaigns. Translate Casino business needs into data driven solutions. Primarily using SQL, develop scripts/queries and analyze data accurately to delivers results on time. Research, access and synthesize data sources across a variety of platforms to improve marketing campaigns. Lead cross-functional projects to address challenging business questions. Create and deliver executive level presentations on findings and recommendations.
- Support the maintenance and improvements in Casino CRM data accuracy, reliability, and availability. Be the business owner of Casino tier data accuracy in Siebel, DB2 and Snowflake. Ensure accuracy of Casino data before list selection and in all CRM campaign analysis, ad-hoc and Casino reports.
- Work with IT to correct data issues and implement error prevention solutions. Identify, design, and acquire cross-brand approval for changes/updates when needed, and work with IT to implement modified, additional, and improved data solutions in Siebel, DB2 and Snowflake.
- Guide and implement A/B Tests and multivariate tests of Casino campaigns. Work with Product Management to identify and recommend testing opportunities. Set up and approve email and direct mail list selection criteria for tests. Analyze A/B testing results and present findings and recommendations.
- Improve and automate Casino reporting. Write SQL and embed error checking for Casino reports that can be automated. Using Tableau, or other automation tool, develop and implement automated reporting solutions.
- Be a positive role model to others and pursue personal development. Practice and support all facets of the Culture Essentials, Princess Shared Purpose, and Core Values. Practice responsive above-the-line communication with all staff and agencies.
- Build positive collaborative relationships with teams throughout Princess, Holland America Group, and Carnival Corporation. Engage in training and skill upgrading to keep pace with evolving data platforms and analytics capabilities available at Princess.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Math, Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytical data analysis position using SQL or MA level coursework in SQL and Statistics
- Intermediate SQL skills or certification, Tableau skills or training, Statistical modelling training or certification
- Experience issuing queries from modern database environments such as DB2, Oracle, Snowflake
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate business questions into analysis projects and deliver insights and recommendations for action.
- Ability to generate recommendations and reports that motivate business teams to take action
- Can work well both independently and in teams
- Can work well in a flexible matrixed environment where guidance on projects may emerge from multiple different teams/hierarchies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Formal training in Statistics
- 1-2 yrs usage of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience/training in statistical modelling using platforms such as R, SPSS, SAS, or similar
- Experience/training with BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experienced with executive level presentations of findings
- Leadership on analytic projects
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Flex Friday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/
Princess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org