Summer Analyst, Real Estate Acquisitions & Development
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
At Related, Our Summer Analyst Program offers students an 8-week hands-on experience and a chance to work on challenging projects with some of the best minds in the business. You will be immersed in an innovative, fast paced, team-oriented work environment that is intended to provide acquisition and development knowledge across asset classes (i.e. market-rate residential, retail, food & beverage, commercial, and affordable housing). Related is committed to enhancing the experience of our Summer Analysts by exposing you to industry leaders, accelerating your learning and development, and providing you with a strong foundation of the real estate industry.
The Summer Analyst will be responsible for supporting in all aspects of projects including: financial analysis and modeling, due diligence, zoning, legal oversight, budgeting, design, construction, acquisition, project management and leasing.
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new investment opportunities
- Assist with all aspects of a development: financing, entitlement / government approvals, public relations, design, leasing / marketing, and construction
- Assist in preparing business plans, including annual operating plans, financial forecasts and strategic plans
- Monitor construction costs, budgeting, and the timeline of deliverables
- Research and analysis: Benchmark activity in target markets by tracking rents, sales per SF, operating costs, competitive supply and expansion activity
- Minimize exposure and risk on various projects
- Rising senior undergraduate with a graduation target date of Spring 2022
- A strong passion for real estate
Locations available: New York
Program will run from June through August 2021
When you submit this application, you are applying for the below openings:
· Acquisitions & Development and Fund
We take the time to fully review each application. Every offer we make represents our commitment to invest resources in developing a successful career. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. If you submit a resume for an internship, we will contact you directly should your skill set match our available summer internship program positions.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.