Research and Analysis Intern
Come join us on our mission to create unique programs that give individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities more options for living their lives to the fullest! For over 35 years, Options For All (OFA) has existed to help those we serve find the unique aspirations and potential in their lives. At our core, we believe in creating opportunities for each individual to enrich their lives.
You will split your time between reporting and analysis, and industry research activities.
In reporting and analysis, you will support the operations teams in the development of new reporting tools, dashboards, and other data visualization activities. Additionally, you will help improve CRM and database structures to optimize the gathering and interpretation of critical insights. In industry research activities you will help collect and analyze market intelligence (competitors, revenue sources, customers/clients, products, macro risks and opportunities, etc.).
The internship will last up to 6-12 months.
RESPONSIBILITIES. In this role, you will:
- Design flexible solutions to support analytic needs.
- Produce recommendations and insights for key team members and stakeholders that will help shape organizational decisions.
- Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations, to what-if scenarios, to deep dives, uncovering patterns in order to identify trends and new opportunities.
- Develop visualizations and other methods for conveying key insights and reports.
- Simplify and automate reporting, audits, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by team members and stakeholders.
- Support the organization with time-critical data analyses.
- Participate in design and development of dashboards and data visualization views with experienced team members.
- Document processes and procedures and project tracking
- Current student pursuing a Master’s degree related to operations management, economics, business management, computer science, information technology, engineering, data analysis
- Passion for research and data analytics particularly in economics, performance analytics, or operations analytics topics
- Genuine curiosity about overall business intelligence - how things can be better; what's causing things to work the way they do; what this data tells us about ourselves
- Proficiency in Excel, Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI or other ETL related software
- APIs and creating systemized reporting
- Superb people skills and strong team orientation
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Inquisitive and investigative nature with a high degree of creativity and self-motivation
- Excellent online research skills; ability to recognize reputable sources and to synthesize information from multiple sources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
This is a paid internship at a rate of $20/hour.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. (S)he must be capable of writing, using a computer keyboard, telephone and related office equipment. Ability to lift 10lbs. required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will experience normal office conditions with a well-lighted work area and minor noise from standard office equipment.