Transcend is seeking a Business Analyst who is passionate about working with clients & technology to translate requirements into a product capability. This role will work with the business users and software developers to identify and prioritize technical and functional requirements to create innovative solutions delivering advanced capabilities for financial services, supporting their collateral management, capital management, and compliance needs related to global capital markets transactions.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for contributing to the design, specifications, resource planning, and development of our products to meet the needs of our clients, ensure our competitive differentiation, and lead to our business profitability. You may work with our product development team to develop the latest functionality on our platform OR work with client teams to implement our software to support clients’ business initiatives.
- Requirements analysis, management, and communication
- Developing user stories and breaking down requirements into deliverable functionality
- Analyze business issues and identify solutions that meet business goals
- Analyze application/business domain data requirements and business rules, understanding the data flow from source to screen
- Recognize and predict use cases to help design intuitive applications
- Information Architecture
- Process Mapping
- Negotiate and communicate priority for new features and capabilities
- Work directly with business stakeholders, clients, designers, developers and engineers to coordinate the building of applications to spec and on time
In addition to the above, a Bachelor’s of Science in Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field OR a Bachelor’s of Science with at least 2-3 years of relevant experience is required. To thrive in this role, candidates should have a keen interest in the financial markets.
- Able to take feedback constructively and iterate on ideas and solutions from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions
- A meticulous thinker who can effectively work out all the details when presented with big ideas
- A passion for championing innovation
- Understanding of an agile development process
- Understanding of user-centric design
- Experience with projects, involving front-end applications (preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. technical developers, business leaders, and users
- Detail-oriented, demonstrating thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Quick learner with a demonstrated strong aptitude for learning new business functionality and understanding how and why the business requires them
- Able to prioritize in a fast-moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; Good sense of urgency – problem management and escalation
- Any Technical/programming experience is a plus
- Exposure to capital markets, finance processes is a plus
Compensation listed is average and final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills.