Landed is growing! It has just raised its Series B! Join us on our mission to address wealth inequality by helping essential professionals buy homes and build financial security near the communities they serve. Landed supports essential professionals on the path to homeownership by providing a personalized team that includes a partner agent and a Landed homebuying expert. We help families navigate all of their options for buying a home, including our own flagship shared equity down payment program. Our team also provides free home buying education and guidance as well as competitive offer reviews for essential professionals. Landed works with K-12, college, and university employees, as well as those who work for hospital systems and local/state governments in expensive metro areas like San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Los Angeles, San Diego, Hawaiʻi, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Boston, New York City, and Washington DC.
Helping great essential professionals become homeowners and build wealth not only addresses wealth inequality but also strengthens communities. That's why our down payment program is financially supported by organizations like the Chan Zuckerberg Foundation, TIAA and Zoma Capital who share our commitment to helping educators live near the communities they serve. Press coverage of our work can be found in The New York Times, Forbes, NPR, and The Wall Street Journal. You can learn more about us at www.landed.com.
We’re excited to be hiring a Closer for our down payment support program. This position manages transaction funding, post-close quality assurance, and warehouse operations. Responsibilities include clearing warehouse and fund investor conditions to enable quality originations with key stakeholders in Finance, funds administration, and Business Development. As the Closer will operationalize data and document processes to carry out job responsibilities. This is an important key role in meeting the needs of essential professionals and the investor community, that contributes to the continual growth at Landed!
This role reports to Maryann Salt, Down Payment Program Operations Manager, and works cross-functionally with various department teams such as Property Review, Transactions, and Finance. This role has opportunities for growth and is part of an early segment of the organization.
You will bring the following strengths to this role
- Funding. Review funding docs for compliance. Verify wire instructions with title and escrow parties. Release same day and next day wires. Manage transaction delays and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Landed supports essential professionals nationwide. Ensure funding deadlines are met. Monitor MERS registrations, report bugs, and errors. Monitor county recordings to ensure deeds are recorded on time.
- Manage the post-close quality assurance process to develop a seamless experience for both the customer and investor experience. When errors arise, drive the full resolution process, which could include remedying verification errors, curing title, and more. Support product operations by building documentation and advancing implementation policies.
- Manage asset transfers. Manage down payment program closings in progress to ensure appropriate transaction liquidity. Post entries to the database record of assets and reconcile monthly. Provide documentation of adjusted entries due to errors and/or bugs. Ingest internal and external data tables and create a validation data process between different stages of asset origination. Requires some work with CRM database and the internal platforms during various transaction stages.
- Support post-close product operations. Support and monitor various pipelines across post-close products, such as Home Sale, Subordinations, and Exits. Conduct month-end process for home sales and exits together with Finance and external partners. Develop a post-close default and loss prevention process to monitor changes in the investment allocation. Work with internal stakeholders to support essential professionals post-close and support investor operations.
You will bring the following strengths to this role
- Working with and Transforming Data. Resolving technical issues with electronic data in various formats. Through exceptional attention to detail and technical expertise, you provide insights.
- Detail orientation. You can work under pressure and manage deadlines. You are driven to resolve open items with speed, detail orientation, and accuracy
- Self-starter & problem solver. When something isn't working, you proactively develop solutions. You are resilient and creative.
- Collaboration. You enjoy working in a team environment and have a growth mindset. You thrive in fast-paced settings.
We'd be even more excited if...
- 2+ years experience as a funder, fintech closer, experience in PropTech startup, other similar environments, and/or in grad school.
- Experience in verification, secondary warehouse operations, and/or capital markets.
- Experience in financial analysis and can perform financial calculations
- Knowledge of SQL and general data operations experience
Here are some specifics...
- Competitive equity
- Full Medical (HMO and PPO options), dental, and vision coverage
- 20 days of PTO + 10 holidays
- $5,000 annual personal development budget
- If you are in Denver, CO the salary range is $65K - $70K.
This role may not be for candidates who are looking for...
- Fixed responsibilities and controlled working environment
Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the perfect candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
We are excited about all qualified applicants, and we want to be sure those identifying as BIPOC, economically disadvantaged, differently abled, queer, and/or gender nonconforming feel encouraged to apply.