Research Post-Doc in CPU multicore (micro)architectures - 98221
AMD Research is an entrepreneurial research organization with a strong track record of driving research innovations into AMD products. We are a global leader in the development of the world’s most advanced high-performance computers (HPC), such as Frontier and El Capitan, the world-leading exascale supercomputers. You will have a role on a winning team that works closely with internal product teams and partners to develop the technologies of next generation computing platforms.
AMD Research seeks a Computer Science or Engineering post-doctoral candidate (or near-completed graduate student) to explore (micro)architectural modifications to optimize state of the art CPU multicores for both single and multi-thread performance & power efficiency, targeting commercial workloads from a variety of market segments (Client, Server, Cloud, HPC, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of CPU core & cache architecture
- Deep experience with performance analysis methodologies and processor simulators
- Solid programming skills in C++ and Python.
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: x86 ISA, compiler optimizations and speculation techniques.
- PhD degree or nearly completed PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related field.
AMD Research coaches and encourages filing quality patents and publishing at top-tier research venues. Previous post-doc researchers at AMD Research have gone on to publish the results of their work in major academic and industrial conferences, file patent disclosures for innovative ideas, as well as contribute to production code and hardware designs.