Logistics Program Analyst, Early Career
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Our culture empowers us to do things that other companies would find very difficult, if not impossible. It’s uniquely Viasat and intentionally not like any other company. The Business Operations team supports all aspects of Viasat’s broad portfolio including government and commercial areas. We manage everything from initial customer demand, through servicing our customers, developing and managing logistics/sustainment solutions to developing a technology roadmap that will move our company ahead.
As a Logistics Program Analyst, you are responsible for coordinating and integrating all facets of the customers’ sustainment support activities. This opportunity is a unique and rewarding position combining aspects of field service, manufacturing, depot repair, customer support, and logistics management This responsibility entails working in a dynamic environment executing contract scope and interfacing cross-functionally. You will coordinate with all facets of logistics and support services across multiple Viasat locations to ensure seamless sustainment support is provided to the programs and customers.
You will be responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of spare parts, repair activity, and aftermarket management in the United States and across the globe. You will build extensive Product Support, Logistics and Service experience in executing primary responsibilities, including:
- Planning and coordinating depot support activities and global service parts logistics, including the return, repair and upgrade of products
- Coordinating reverse logistics process flow across distribution channels
- Determining optimum inventory levels and field stocking locations for network spares
- Coordinate the creation and submission of RMA reports and metrics
- Manage and provide supplier scorecards and metrics for aftermarket activities
- Develop service contracts with procurement and ensure execution against service levels
- Coordinating failure analysis, trends, and failure reporting
- Reporting ongoing metrics on cost, performance, and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Participating in corporate-wide logistics strategy development
- Supporting the Global Logistics and After-Market Service team management on projects and initiatives
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain or a related field
- Strong leadership, collaboration and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent follow-up and customer service skills
- Advanced excel and database skills
- Experience with continuous process improvement methodologies including 5S, lean, or six sigma
- Experience with python or a similar language
This role requires vaccination under current guidance applicable to Viasat. As such, absent an approved accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, employees in this role will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!