Job title: Analyst, Gas
Reports to: Head of Financial Gas Trading/Specialist, Gas Analytics
EDF Trading North America, LLC
EDF Trading North America, LLC is a major participant in wholesale energy markets, and our retail business delivers customized energy solutions for large commercial and industrial consumers, power generation and retail energy providers.
We operate in every market and provide coast to coast coverage of financial and physical products in power, natural gas and NGLs, environmental products and financial crude oil products. We provide our customers with products and services that deliver access to markets, optimize their energy portfolio, hedge risk and manage assets. Our Wholesale Business operates throughout the value chain in the North American wholesale power markets and we are one of the leading wholesale natural gas marketers. Additionally, we provide environmental, congestion management and value added derivative products. With extensive pipeline agreements, we can manage natural gas offtakes, deliveries, capacities and supply anywhere across the continent. For Our Retail Business we provide wholesale fuel supply and structured products for its extensive base of electricity and natural gas customers including gas-fired power plants, large scale commercial and industrial retail consumers and retail energy aggregators.
Our Retail Business is our customer-facing operation providing integrated energy management services to commercial and industrial, power generation, and retail supply customers. Taking into account a customer’s entire energy portfolio, solutions are structured to provide competitive market pricing and to optimize energy usage and generation assets. We offer a complete suite of services to energy-intensive retail customers, from energy supply and hedging to on-site generation management and demand response. And we provide wholesale market access and ISO interface services to a broad network of retail energy providers with footprints across the deregulated markets. For power generation customers, we provide energy management services that encompass fuel supply, scheduling, dispatch, market analysis and risk management all within a single contract. Focused on service, we created a digital integrated platform and customer interface that allows transparent views into energy portfolios and invoices, market prices, analytics and weather.
EDF Trading North America, LLC is part of the EDF Group, a global leader in low-carbon energies.
A fundamentally based Natural Gas Analyst in the North American Natural Gas markets, working closely with senior traders and other regional analysts. You will be expected to analyze relevant data and trends in the industry, provide in-depth, thought-provoking, commercial insight with an emphasis on forecasting and analytical interpretation. You will be required to not only be a Team Player but also be able to work independently in a fast moving, continuously evolving environment. Excellent communication skills, an inquisitive mind and a can do attitude are pre-requisites for the successful candidate. You must feel comfortable to be able to challenge the views and opinions of others and receive the same on your own views in a respectful, professional manner.
- Work with other analysts and traders in developing short-term and medium-term analysis to inform the business's views of natural gas markets
- Incorporate fundamental data into macro-level and regional analysis
- Build and maintain pipeline models to understand dynamics of regional gas flows
- Estimate current and forecast future supply & demand
- Track and forecast natural gas international exports
- Continuously improve and develop models and forecasts with rigorous back testing of current methodologies.
- Identify risks associated with third party vendor data and forward analysis.
- Communicate news, research, and trade ideas to traders in a timely manner
- Identify and incorporate new key data points into models
- Support the business development team in client calls and meetings, demonstrating knowledge and technical expertise
- Provide ad hoc analysis as directed by manager
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience with regional gas markets
- Prior experience in a trading environment required
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including VBA.
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques and their application
- Other programming languages such as SQL, Java, C++, Python, R preferred
Note: EDF is an EEO employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.