Senior Market Research Analyst
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) seeks an experienced Senior Market Research Analyst to collect, assimilate, and interpret market share data in order to identify changes in technologies to effectively identify current and future trends in support of the customer. This position performs a variety of tasks and provides consultation on complex projects. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The Senior Market Research Analyst focuses on gathering and analyzing data from all classification levels to produce results, which are then presented back to the customer in an easy-to-understand way, and then make recommendations to the customer based on the research. This individual will work with a multidisciplinary team including computer science subject matter experts, engineers, scientists, and software developers, to deliver end-to-end solutions that address customer requirements. You will manage and organize products and data through different platforms to include Wiki-type pages and SharePoint to support the Knowledge Management of the program.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at the time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Senior Market Research Analyst Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform Market Analysis – Examine new and existing market segments to quantify market activity. Track major industry trends and suppliers in various market segments, including mergers and acquisitions, technology transitions, and industrial equipment consumption
- Compile and store data and products utilizing Wiki-style pages and SharePoint in accordance with office's Knowledge Management Plan
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, focus groups, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Use data collected to author reports and forecasts through charts, graphs, and other visual means
- Interpret the data collected; organize information into statistical tables and reports
- Create a visual of industry trends and organizations to assist development efforts
Senior Market Research Analyst Security Clearance Requirements:
- US Citizen Required
- Eligibility to apply for and hold a U.S. security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
- This position supports a federal contract at Fort Belvoir but remote work can be done from North Carolina (vicinity of Moore County)
Senior Market Research Analyst Required Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Market Research, Statistics, or directly related field along with 7-9 years of experience in research and supporting market research and technology initiatives
- Must have OSINT and PAI experience
- Search experience using commercial tools such as OpeniO, SILO, and Berber Hunter Tool Kit
- Must have experience using Bable, Scraawl, Dataminr tools and products
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research experience in technology industries
- Must have experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel as well as proficiency with statistical software and survey design software (WinCross, SAS, and Market Sight)
- Experience working in global organizations with success in collaborating across functions and regions
- Strong data analytic, public speaking, reporting, editing, and project management skills
- Solid networking and relationship management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills to assess all available information and determine the marketing strategy that is best for the customer
- Solid problem-solving, analysis, and critical thinking skills to effectively translate data into meaningful insights and recommendations for business leaders
- Ability to cope with fast-paced and pressured work as well as the flexibility to switch focus area(s) based on customer requirements
- Must be able to multitask and manage multiple projects with a quick turnaround
Senior Market Research Analyst Preferred:
- A Top Secret clearance with SCI
- Background working with the United States Special Operations Command or supporting units
- Familiarity and/or training in marketing, research methods, and statistics
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about the Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/