Data Science Internship
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on, and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Global Network & Technology Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As a Data Science Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
* You are practiced at analyzing big data. Youre a creative thinker who likes to explore and uncover the issues. You are energized by an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed and can communicate your findings in a way that is easily understood.
* Apply ML and statistical techniques to large data sets to find actionable insights.
* Perform exploratory and targeted data analysis using descriptive statistics and other methods.
* Communicate the business value of technical solutions.
* Perform ad-hoc analysis and assist in developing reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
* You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
* Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Information Technology, Data Analytics, Business Analytics or related major with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2024.
* Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
* Willingness to work in Basking Ridge, NJ.
Even better if you have:
* Demonstrated strong analytical skills, communication, leadership, and presentation skills.
* Experience in Data Science.
* Experience in Scripting and Coding.
* Be able to collaborate cross functionally.
* Possess analytical and problem Solving skills.
* Advanced Skills in Math, Probability, Statistics, and Models.
* Equal Employment Opportunity
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.