Data Science Intern - Summer 2022
Why Intern at Hanesbrands Inc.:
HanesBrands is a socially responsible leading marketer and manufacturer of everyday basic innerwear and activewear apparel in the Americas, Europe, Australia and Asia-Pacific. We own some of the world’s strongest – and most iconic – brands, including Hanes, Champion, Bonds, Maidenform, Bali, Playtex, Just My Size and Alternative. HBI employs 61,000 associates in 47 countries and has built a strong reputation for workplace quality and ethical business practices. In May 2021, HBI launched its Full Potential plan – the company’s roadmap to drive improved revenue and profits during the next three years and beyond. Hanesbrands Internships are 10-week project-based positions that provide a unique opportunity to gain real-world business experience while making a positive and lasting impact on a Fortune 500 company.
In addition to academic qualifications, we are looking for individuals who think creatively and tenaciously to solve complex problems, are eager to learn and bring a passion for customer centricity. If you ambitiously seek to reach your full potential and trailblaze transformation, you may have found how you will spend next summer.
As a Data Science Intern, you will develop innovative business solutions using machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and optimization techniques that deliver real world solutions for decision making. Data Science Interns work in collaborative teams with our data scientists across multiple business functions to deliver novel capabilities. Your internship culminates in a presentation of outcomes and accomplishments to senior leadership, other department members, and fellow interns. We welcome candidates from different backgrounds, as we believe that diverse, inclusive teams are better teams.
Key Features of the Internship:
- Project Ownership: Interns will manage and drive carefully selected projects that are intended to bring immediate business value.
- 1:1 Mentorship: Interns will be partnered with a mentor who will ensure they gain the knowledge, training, and relationships necessary to achieve their project objectives.
- Business Management Acceleration Program: As an intern, you are invited to participate in BMAP which is designed to give you a complete picture of the company. You’ll hear from company executives, participate in panels and roundtables, and have networking experiences.
- Full-time Career Prospects: Converting outstanding interns to full-time employees upon their graduation is a pillar of our summer internship program.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and seeking a STEM degree
- Technical background relative to data analytics concepts including academic exposure to statistics, analytical modeling, and data mining
- Experience with programming languages such as R, Python, SAS, SQL or others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to engage both technical and non-technical audiences and a willingness to collaborate with business partners
- Rising Senior or Graduate Student
Hanesbrands internships will be payrolled through a third party agency.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: