2021-2022 Investment Banking Winter Analyst
H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC (“HCW”) is a New York-based life sciences investment bank with prolific capital markets activity. HCW has closed over 170 life sciences transactions 2021 YTD (of which, over 70% on a sole / lead managed basis).
HCW is seeking an Investment Banking Winter Analyst to join their banking team in New York for its internship program in Winter 2021-2022.
The Winter Analyst will be involved in all facets of HCW's investment banking activities, including supporting private and public equity offerings, mergers and acquisitions, convertible debt, structured transactions, and other advisory services across a variety of life sciences verticals. HCW’s Winter Analysts work closely and directly with senior investment bankers, and receive a continuous education in financial analysis and the financial markets, as well as a broad-based exposure to both advisory and underwriting products for the life sciences industry.
Responsibilities may include: financial analysis and modeling, company and industry research, coordination of various processes involved in a financing or sale, preparation of offering memorandums, management presentations, pitches, proposals, and other materials for meetings with clientele.
· Targeting 2022 “seniors” scheduled to graduate by Summer 2022
· Live in, or ability to relocate to, New York, NY for Winter 2021-2022
· Demonstrated interest in both the financial markets and life sciences / biotechnology
· Superior work ethic
· Strong leadership and teamwork skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Outstanding academic achievement
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Participation in varsity athletics is a plus