Seagate IT Business Systems Analyst Intern
Location: Fremont, CA, US
About our group:
Seagate’s IT Enterprise Applications organization is seeking an intern to help support Digital Transformation projects. This position reports to the Enterprise Solutions Architect and will be located at our Fremont Research Center. We are a proactive, solutions oriented and collaborative team that works with all the various business groups across the organization. Our purpose is to architect and build the roadmap for Digital Transformation of Seagate Business Systems.
About the role - you will:
The intern will partner with our existing Business Systems Analysts to review and identify improvements to key business processes and determine system and process improvements.
Intern duties will include but not limited to:
- Analyze and document business process flows, system functions, and solution designs for new and existing enterprise applications
- Collaborate with other IT team members to solve key business problems by either driving process change or making systematic recommendations for delivery
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, pain points, and assumptions for business systems and continuously identify gaps and opportunities for projects that will streamline processes
- Assist in building innovative solutions that automate and scale Seagate business systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in progress) in MIS, Industrial Engineering or related fields.
- Currently enrolled student returning to school in fall 2020.
- Have prior experience with Business Process Re-engineering and Business Systems Analysis.
- Have good understanding of one or many Supply Chain process streams ( Procure to Pay, Order to Cash etc)
- Have Strong desire to learn new technologies and business processes.
- Have excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Location: Fremont, CA
Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art clean room and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community.
Location: Fremont, USA, Research Center
Other Important information:
United States Only - Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate's EEO Statement - Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.