The W.K. Kellogg Foundation with headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan is a leading philanthropic institution supporting thriving children, working families, equitable communities, and the dynamic connection between the three. As one of the top ten largest foundations in the United States with an $8.5B endowment, WKKF funds organizations nationally and in its priority places of Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, New Orleans, Haiti, and Mexico and works in partnership with grantee organizations and the communities they serve to advance positive change.
“The W.K. Kellogg Foundation supports children, families, and communities as they strengthen and create conditions that propel vulnerable children to achieve success as individuals and as contributors to the larger community and society.”
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
The Investment Analyst role offers an extraordinary opportunity for contribution and apprenticeship in support of the development of the Foundation’s investment strategy and achievement of its goals. The Investment Analyst will support and collaborate with a small but mighty senior investment team on private equity investment decisions, real assets investment decisions, and management of the assets of the Trust. The role will provide exposure to the foundation’s entire portfolio, domestic and international travel opportunities, and a seat at the table when meeting and developing relationships with investment managers. The W.K. Kellogg Foundation also offers a strong benefits package and reimbursement for those seeking growth and development through continued education and certifications.
YOUR POTENTIAL IMPACT
The primary function of the Investment Analyst role is to support senior investment team members in developing long-term private assets investment strategies and philosophy through:
Analysis and Reporting
· Analyze and execute on investment opportunities
· Conduct portfolio monitoring and reporting
· Research cross-asset class themes and implications
Manager Knowledge and Relationships
· Maintain database on external private equity and real assets managers
· Identify and develop relationships with best-in-class managers, financial advisors, and supporting consultants
Your work and the work of the investment team at the foundation ensures a healthy corpus which in turn helps to increase the dollars being distributed into communities and organizations supporting the conditions for thriving children and families.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
Success in the Investment Analyst role will require a passion to further the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s mission and a commitment to core values of diversity and inclusion, intercultural awareness, openness, collaboration, and stewardship. The ideal candidate will also possess the following professional abilities, attributes, and experiences:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (business, economics, or similar quantitative field)
· Knowledge of capital markets including, but not limited to, private equity and/or real assets
· Relevant internships in asset management or finance industry preferred
· Ability to evaluate investment opportunities using existing (or willingness to learn) statistical and technical skills including PowerPoint and advanced Excel
· Chartered Financial Analyst certification or desire to obtain certification with the Foundation’s support strongly preferred
More information about the W.K. Kellogg Foundation may be found at: www.wkkf.org
This search is being led by Katherine Jacobs and Sharon Gerstman of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume via NPAG’s website.
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.