Operations Leadership Development Program, Columbus, OH
Worthington Industries is seeking an energetic, motivated, and curious individual to join our team through our Operations Leadership Development Program. This program is designed to develop the skills, capabilities, experiences and leadership qualities that are critical to success as a leader in our organization. In this role an individual will be exposed to various operation and support teams to learn various aspects of our business while progressively becoming more involved and gaining more responsibilities and decision-making authority.
This 18-month program begins with several weeks spent on the plant floor working hand-in-hand with our production employees to learn our manufacturing processes, obtain customer knowledge and build solid employee relationships. Next, the individual will spend time with safety, quality, engineering, and all of supply chain to understand each function's significance and impact on our business. The rest of the program will be spent gaining experiences, included but not limited to, leading continuous improvement projects, learning and utilizing people management tools, attending and participating in leadership meetings and business reviews, and much more. Once the formal training program is complete, the individual will join the leadership team and begin taking on management responsibilities. From there, the individual will continue to be mentored and developed while progressing through the ranks of leadership and beyond.
Our Leadership Development program includes light travel throughout the training period and requires willingness to relocate upon completion of the formal training. This role reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with all members of the management team.
- Complete formal training program in its entirety, attend required training sessions, participate in development opportunities and show willingness and desire to learn and understand every area of our operation. Humbly receive feedback from management and mentors.
- Develop a deep understanding of business operations, including but not limited to, supply chain, sales, safety, quality, production operations and people leadership. Spend time working in and shadowing various departments to learn about the function and impact to production and overall business.
- Use working knowledge of production process, machines and materials to help train and evaluate new production employees, identify opportunities to make changes, cut costs, mitigate risks and improve efficiencies.
- Actively participate and lead employee initiatives related to safety, quality, and production. Be a leader and advocate of our Philosophy.
- Own your program. Speak up, ask questions, get involved. Execute tasks and projects with accuracy and timeliness as assigned.
- Prior leadership experience is preferred
- Prior co-op or internship experience is preferred
- Proven ability to manage time, prioritize, and multi-task
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Communication, written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain, Logistics or equivalent operations experience