[MLDS] Applied Scientist (US)
We are looking for a passionate and talented Applied Scientist who will collaborate with other scientists and engineers to leverage Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Optimization techniques to solve diverse problems in manufacturing and other industries. As a Gaussian Applied Scientist, you will design and run experiments, develop new algorithms, and find new ways of reducing cost and maximizing performance and reliability of manufacturing systems. Besides theoretical analysis and innovation, you will work closely with seasoned scientists, engineers, and program managers to deliver your algorithms and models into real products. Your work will directly impact our customers in manufacturing lines.
You are the ideal candidate if you are enthusiastic about delivering products and solutions that are robust and dominant in the market. You thrive in ambiguous environments that require finding the best answers to open problems that have not been solved before. You leverage your exceptional technical expertise in fast-paced research and development and apply your fundamental understanding of computer science, mathematics, and statistics to create reliable, scalable high-performance products. Your strong communication skills enable you to work effectively with both business and technical partners. You have hands-on experience making the right decisions about technical methods. You strive for simplicity and elegance, and demonstrate significant creativity and sound judgment backed by real data. Most of all, you are willing to take calculated risks, learn by trying, and grow as a team.
- Design, experiment, develop, and implement AI/ML algorithms
- Find creative ways to reduce cost, increase throughput and maximize performance and reliability of manufacturing systems
- Delivers high-quality software based on best practices for data collection, modeling, and software development
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design and implement software solutions for science problems
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Industrial Engineering, Operational Research, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Practical experience applying machine learning to solve complex problems
- Proficiency in algorithm and model development, model validation, and model implementation for ML/AI applications
- Research or/and industry experience in applying ML/AI to complex business problems
- Has deep expertise in one or more applied science disciplines and is scientifically versatile and demonstrates scientific and industrial maturity.
- Hands-on experience programming in Python, Matlab, R, Java, C#, C++, or other programming languages